Thursday, November 27, 2008

I know I can

I have always wanted to be a writer, ever since I was a kid. Now that I'm in semi-retirement I'm going to chase that dream.

This year I started taking Creative Writing classes at the CAE. Through the like-minded friends I've made this year I discovered something called National Novel Writing Month.

htttp://nanowrimo.org/

The challenge is to write at least 50,000 words in one month, hopefully to eventually become the first draft of the novel we all dream of writing one day.

Last year over 100,000 people took up the challenge. More than 15,000 crossed the finish line in their attempts to produce the Great Frantic Novel in the month of November.

This year, with some of my creative writing, mates we took up the challenge.

I DID IT! I WROTE MY 50,000 WORDS !

Just had to tell someone, so I thought it would be a good way to start my blogging life.

My challenge is for any budding writers at Hobsons Bay Libraries to join me in the challenge next year.

1 comment:

wosemarywebolutionary said...

we would lovvvveeee to see those 15,000 words somewhere..the library , the blob, the papers, the world!!!